Friday, May 21, 2010

Chicago Theater










Wow- the Chicago Theater is stunning! I love all of the ornate, gilded details of these older theaters. The first show was a little bit of a let down, after a string of wild crowds. For whatever reason, the crowd was somewhat tame that first night. But the second night- wow! Maybe the best night of the tour. A pair of drunk chicks in the second row grabbed both Pender and LaBamba's asses as they ran through the crowd. Funny shit.

After the first show, Conan threw a party for us all at a swanky rooftop bar atop the Wit Hotel. Very nice. The next morning we were pretty much ALL hungover. I was with it enough to veto the after-after-party at a bar across the street, and opt instead for a taxi back to the hotel. So shitty as I felt, I was among the more cheerful people on the crew thursday afternoon. Still though, you'll notice I don't have any touristy pics of Chicago......I was in bed til the last possible minute. Partying like a rock star turns out to be hard work.

Notice the "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien" mural: that's from when Conan did a week of Late Night shows from this same theater, back in 2006. I was still only the backup monitor guy for the show at that point, so I didn't go. The "Late Night with David Letterman" mural is from 1989!

No comments:

Post a Comment