Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Washington, DC
















Hey,
We just played the Daughters of the American Revolution Constitution Hall in DC. It's really more of a congressional hearing-type room than a performance venue. While the acoustics were great for hearing the audience cheer from stage, it was less than ideal for a loud 10-piece band and PA.

But who cares how it sounds? The audience loved it. They loved Conan, they loved Andy, they loved Reggie Watts, they LOVED Deon Cole. Another good show. I know that's getting monotonous, but what can I do?

During my morning camera walk, I stumbled upon the Washington Monument (tough to miss). Apparently the White House was two blocks away, too, but I never made it that way. Bah.... it's just the White House. The Hall of Terrible Decisions. The Birthplace of American Entitlement and Wealth Redistribution. But I digress.

Now it's time for our last long bus ride of the tour, 12 hours to Nashville. We'll be doing two days at the Bonnaroo Festival, a couple hours away in Manchester, TN. It's been four days since I've seen a hotel bed or shower, and I would kill for a shave. Talk to you in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment