Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Hard Part


Hey,

So far, up til now, the travel has been relatively pleasant, and the accommodations have been first-class. Yeah, that was a run-on sentence. Sue me. Anyway, today I'm getting my first taste of what makes roadies long to return home.

This morning I got up at 4:15 am, so that I could be checked out of the Davenport and on the bus by 4:45. Ouch. Keep in mind, this is after working all day, and getting back to the hotel at around midnight.

We arrived at the Spokane Airport at 5:20 for a 7am flight to Seattle. I'm still at the Seattle Airport now, waiting for my 9:45 flight to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Seattle's airport is impressive. Wendy's breakfast? Not so much. Note the happy face.

Now here's where the "s" in "suck" gets capitalized. When we arrive in Edmonton, we're getting shuttled directly to the venue to immediately begin the load-in and setup. Fuck! After the show, we load out and head to the hotel for 3 hours sleep before ANOTHER 4:45 lobby call to head back to Seattle. Then guess what? It's directly to THAT venue to load in and setup.

So you wanna be a roadie?

No comments:

Post a Comment