Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Little More San Francisco








Hey everyone,
In the morning before our final show in San Francisco, I decided to grab a few shots of the Golden Gate Bridge. I hailed a cab outside the Hotel Monaco, and asked the driver if he could take me to a decent viewing spot. Jeff, the driver, then basically morphed into a tour guide. He took me to several viewing spots, and got out and walked with me to the places he thought I'd get the best shots. He even gave me camera advice. The next time I'm in San Francisco (which will hopefully be right after the tour) I'll be calling Jeff for another couple rides. And I'll bring a real camera- the light and fog conditions up in the hills overlooking the bridge are tough for my point and shoot to handle.

Jeff also took me to the famous "Crookedest Street," Lombard Street. Without an aerial view, it's tough to get a sense of how strange the street is in photos. For that matter, it's impossible to capture in photography the sense of being truly SURROUNDED by the sights, the hills, and the wind and rolling fog of San Francisco in general. It might help if I had any idea what I was doing with a camera, too.

Well we played our last show at the Nob Hill Masonic Center tonight. It's an old masonic temple with seating in the round. It's a soundman's nightmare. There are so many resonant frequencies in that room, it sounds like there's a loud organist playing along in the wrong key. But it's done. We're now on our way to Los Angeles, to play the Gibson Amphitheater. It's on the Universal Lot, where we shot the Tonight Show. Should be interesting. And I get to sleep in my own bed, do my own laundry, and do a better job packing for the next six weeks than I did for the first two.

See you in LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment