Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Seattle to San Francisco





Hey,
I've loved Seattle. It has a very cool combination of features: walkable and drivable streets, surrounded by water, with a view of snow-capped mountains. It takes a lot of flack for its weather and nation-leading suicide rate, but it was beautiful this morning when I went out for coffee.

Last night was Conan's birthday party (he turned 47). After our four days of travel from Vancouver to Spokane to Seattle to Edmonton back to Seattle, most of us really made the most of it. Nothing like a cocktail party overlooking the Space Needle with sliders, Conan cake, and a decent pinot noir. I got to the Seattle Westin and slept like a baby for a good ten hours.

Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready of Pearl Jam were the musical guests tonight. It was a great show. Overall, they just keep getting better and better. I can tell Conan is starting to enjoy himself more and more.

As I write this, I'm about a little better than halfway through our 14-ish hour trip from Seattle to San Francisco. Currently we're in Lakehead, California. Some of the scenery we've driven through in northern California is the most beautiful I've ever witnessed. I can't imagine there's anyplace in the world with more inspiring natural beauty. I've been jumping around like a fool with the camera, from window to window, desperately trying to capture the stunning views of rolling brooks between misty, pine-carpeted hills. And horses and cows and logging trucks and large finger-shaped lakes. I feel like a little kid.

Next up: San Francisco, and the beautiful Monaco Hotel

1 comment:

  1. Happy you had such a great night and a good nights sleep. You are going to love SF too. Love the blog.............look foward to more.
    One question, what was that soup you mentioned? I never cooked that soup, you're so worldy!!
    tell Blye that I enjoy his blog too.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete