Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hotel Monaco






Good morning San Francisco!
I thought I'd share a few shots of the lovely Hotel Monaco. The lobby areas are super nice- a little bit Alice in Wonderland, but hey.... nothing wrong with that! When I stepped into my room, though, I instantly became an honorary member of the Jefferson Airplane. I'm trying to remember what the dormouse said, whilst chasing rabbits. That's right. Take it!

Went out last night with about a dozen people from the touring party. We were joined by a few friends of people in the crew- other roadies that happened to be in Frisco too. There's a very cool, welcoming community of people who make their living on the road. I guess it's because when you travel that much, and sometimes that "hard," you really learn to appreciate the simple comforts of decent food, a nice cushy bed, and the company of friends you don't get to see too often.

We went to the Stinking Rose, a San Francisco tradition wherein garlic is the primary ingredient in everything on the menu. It was good...but.... I may never eat garlic again. My breath could knock you out cold right now. It's like a garlic hangover. I managed to avoid over-celebrating last night, so I can take full advantage of my day off here today.

More on my San Francisco touristy stuff later.

No comments:

Post a Comment